Like this homemade, Italian-inspired dressing recipe, I like to make all of my own salad dressings rather then buy them.
Homemade dressing contains only the fresh ingredients I decide to put in it, not all the preservatives and other undesirable ingredients that are often in commercially prepared dressings. I can vary the taste to keep things interesting and it is more economical then store bought dressings—a win all around!!
I use this dressing when I am making a meal with more of an Italian inspired feel. This dressing is one of my favorites because it is so versatile You can serve it as a dip for bread or, as I like to do, you can use it to accompany broiled fish either as a marinade or as at topping after it is cooked, it is particularly tasty with white fish.
When using on fish I leave the cheese out of the recipe.
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- 10 big leaves fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan or for vegan option you can use nutritional yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- Combine all the above ingredients in a food processor. Put over salad, use as a dip for bread or use on fish, enjoy!!