It’s that time of the year again…time for delicious, homemade fudgesicles!
Cold, healthy snacks (and homemade popsicles in particular) have once again become popular in my house as summer approaches.
Our family loves frozen treats—ice cream, ice cream bars, frozen yogurt and so on. As part of my quest to create a more natural home environment I wanted to find a healthier alternative to the glucose syrup, sugar-laden frozen snacks you can buy at your local grocery store.
I adapted this recipe below from Detoxinista and have found many different variations that our family really enjoy.
Give this homemade fudgesicle recipe a try and please share your frozen-treat recipes as well!
- 2 small or 1 large ripe banana
- 1/4 cup raw cocoa powder
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup organic peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- Place all ingredients in a blender and mix well.
- Adjust almond milk level until you achieve desired consistency, should be pudding like
- Pour into ice pop old and freeze for several hours.