This recipe is a firm family favorite and is used a few times a week. It is incredibly versatile and can be used on Mexican inspired dishes, as a topping for salad or roasted cauliflower, it also goes well with fish.
You can play around with the ingredients a bit as well for example adding chilli to spice it up or more coriander and lemon to go with grilled fish.
Fresh & Simple Pico de Gallo
goes well with fish.
- 3-4 whole Tomatoes Vine-ripened
- 1 whole Red onion Small
- 1 bunch Coriander/cilantro
- 1 whole lemons/limes
- 1 tsp Salt
- Squeeze juice from one lemon or lime, add salt and mix
- Chop a small red onion and add to lemon & salt mixture to soften
- Chop the tomatoes and coriander and add to the onion mixture.
As with most of my healthy family friendly recipes I encourage you to modify and experiment with different flavors, if you don’t have red onion use brown, if you don’t have coriander try parsley. For me the beauty of cooking is taking what you have and making fresh, tasty, healthy meals for you and your family. Cooking can be a stress free, fun experience!