I love making soup in my Instant pot. It took a while for me to get used to using the different settings and figure out how to create the food I enjoy, but once I did there was no going back. With the instant pot I can create flavourful, quick meals that are also very healthy. The instant pot requires little or no oil when cooking enhancing the healthiness of your dish. Unlike making a soup on the stove top I can put ingredients into the instant pot, set the timer and walk away! A great way to cook a nutritious meal on a busy night!
Instant Pot Vegan Corn & Red Potato Soup
- 3 cobs Fresh corn with corn kernels removed (reserve a small amount for garnish)
- 3 small red potatoes
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Tabasco (or other hot sauce)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast to add cheese-like flavour (OPTIONAL)
- Put corn, onion, potatoes, vegetable stock and seasoning (except for nutritional yeast) into an instant pot.
- Close and seal the lid and set for 4 minutes on manual (high pressure)
- When done release steam manually (open the vent and let steam escape) add nutritional yeast and adjust seasonings
- For garnish, sliced salad onion and reserved corn kernels