Looking for a healthy way to kickstart your morning? There is nothing better than a tasty. easy to make nutrient packed smoothie to get you out the door ready to face whatever your day entails! This smoothie is easily adaptable to make use of what ingredients you may have on hand hand. No chia? add a spoonful of nut butter, no pineapple? freeze a banana the night before and throw it in! The recipe below is my go to smoothie when I am looking for a quick source of sustainable energy and don’t have the time to prepare a cooked breakfast.
Good Morning Green Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups raw spinach, cleaned well
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seed
- 1/2 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen pineapple
- Add 1.5 cups of fresh spinach
- Add 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- Add 1 tablespoon of flax seeds
- Add 1/2 cup of almond milk
- Add 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen pineapple
- Blend to desired consistency. I like my blended very smooth.
- Drink right away, if not the smoothie will thicken a bit due to the chia seeds but can still be consumed. If you waited to drink it and it has thickened you can use a spoon!